This apple tart is delicious, the right amount of tartness and sweetness with a beautiful buttery crust.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the butter and rub into the flour.
- Add the sugar and the eggs and bring together using a knife.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead to bring it all together.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces.
- Roll out the first piece and place onto a greased plate fill with the slices of apple sprinkle with sugar and dampen around the edge of the plate.
- Roll out the second piece of dough and lay across the apples. Seal the edges with a fork.
- Hold the plate in one hand with the other hand trim around the edge with a knife removing the excess dough.
- Cut a cross in the centre of the tart and prod the surface of the tart with a fork to allow steam to escape brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 mins or until the tart is golden brown.