This lemon drizzle cake is super moist with an amzing it of lemon, topped off with a sweet glaze.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one.
- Add the four bit by bit scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and stir well.
- Pour the mix into the 2 greased loaf tins (I use loaf liners )
- Bake at 160 fan for 1 hour.
- When loaves are baked pierce some holes in the cakes and pour over the drizzle.
- This recipe makes 2 loaves.
Top with vanilla buttercream or glacé iceing and grated lemon zest