This cake is so delicious and super morish, Top with a simple vanilla butter cream and drizzle with some homemade toffee sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c Fan and linea 2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Chop your Dates
- Add then to a bowl, along with the Bicarbonate soda and the boiling water and leave sit for 10 mins.
- Once the mixture is ready blitz into a puree until smooth.
- Add your salted butter to a bowl and beat with your sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs into the mixture one at a time.
- Add the flour, treacle, vanilla and pureed date mixture and beat again till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 45-50 mins.